There is a bug in my replacement GINA. I left a call to DebugBreak in my initialisation code.

When Winlogon can’t load a GINA, the server reboots. I run all my tests in virtual machines attached to a remote kernel debugger. I had set up a rule to ignore this first hardcoded breakpoint. In a regular environment, Winlogon did the only sensible thing to do when it received that unhandled exception : terminate.

That triggered the reboot process.

Please use version 1.4.5. I have updated the project page, binary and source code snapshot. I also updated my build script so that it never happens again.